Somatic Experiencing Trauma Therapy in the City of London, EC2
A naturalistic and non-analytical form of talking therapy, Somatic Experiencing works with the body – not the past – to resolve traumatic stress ‘frozen’ in the nervous system and safely release it. By bringing about biological completion of a trapped fight/flight response, the body can guide us out of a chronic trauma response and free us to develop new, healthier and happier ways of being.
- habitual hypersensitivity/overreaction
- physical wounds such as medical interventions and auto accidents
- sexual trauma – abuse, attack, rape, incest
- loss of a loved one, divorce
- natural disasters such as floods, earth quakes, tsunamis
- high fever, asphyxiation, birth trauma
- developmental trauma or emotional trauma such as neglect, abandonment or betrayal during childhood.
Maggie Richards has been a certified Somatic Experiencing Practitioner since 2010 and offers SE sessions to adults and couples at StillPoint. 0794 121 8662, maggierichards.co.uk
Fee: £85 per hour-long session. Booking terms and conditions apply. For a free 20-minute consultation, call 0794 121 8662 or email Maggie.